“More than 80% of intelligence is obtained from open source” – Allen W. Dulles; the longest serving director (1953-1961) of the C.I.A.
Business intelligence is the means of finding information and facts related to the running and management of a company, as well as the company’s activities and future plans in the marketplace.
Due diligence is a term used for a number of activities involving either the performance of an investigation of a business or person, or the performance of an act with a certain standard of care. It can be a legal obligation, but the term will more commonly apply to voluntary investigations.
Some common examples of questions asked in a due diligence analysis for most industries include:
- Are they who they say they are?
- Are they legally able to trade?
- Do they have the means to fulfil their obligations?
- What is their reputation with their customers and other companies within the same sector?
- Is this company or its people the type you want as trade partners?
- Do the company’s executives have a history of liquidating companies?
- Is there anything in the company’s past you should know about?
- What other interests do the company and its directors have?
- Do they have the ability they claim to have, to undertake their obligations?
- What does the press say about them?
- Are they licensed by the appropriate regulatory body?
WIS International undertakes full and thorough business intelligence investigations into individuals,
companies, contractors and prospective trade partners.
Through the very wide range of subscribed databases we have access to, we are able to obtain information quickly and reliably. We provide accurate intelligence for decision makers, and we seek to provide validated answers on time for clients to meet their needs.
REDUCE YOUR RISK BY HAVING ALL OF THE FACTS BEFORE MAKING DECISIONS!
Below are some of the items we include on our business intelligence analysis:
COMMERCIAL INFORMATION: This information normally includes trading names (past and present), incorporation date, director details, capital turnover and accounts, shareholders, other subsidiaries and outlets.
INDIVIDUAL COMMERCIAL INFORMATION: Commercial activity, directorships.
LITIGATION: Court judgments, on-going processes, bankruptcy petitions, litigations, international legal cases, international court of arbitration.
UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY: Whether the company has been involved in international commercial crimes, employs UN, EU & BoE list of debarred persons, terrorist funding suspects, terrorist members, or designated and blocked persons. The company is also checked against the NSY fraud watch, serious fraud office, NYC financial crime list, money laundering list, investment fraud, or international fraud list.
REPUTATION: What reputation the company has in the sector; we conduct a historic search.
PRESS: We research archives in international, national and local press searches, including Factiva, Dow Jones, Reuters and Lexes Nexus.
REGULATORY BODIES: Licensing and compliance with the appropriate regulatory bodies required for their activity.
Contact us today for a market intelligence report on any company you need.